Customized ENERGY EFFICIENT HomeS in Oklahoma City, OK
Enjoy the advantages of an energy-efficient home when you choose to work with Manchester Elite Homes. We provide tight, energy-efficient homes in Oklahoma City, OK, with special consideration given to energy and water efficiency. We also place a heavy focus on the durability of your construction, as well as how all of these factors relate to environmental impact and sustainability. By following these practices, a Manchester Elite home should last longer, be healthier to live in, cost less to own and be better for the environment than a traditionally-designed home.
What Makes A Home ENERGY-EFFICIENT?
Energy-efficient homes are more than just adding more insulation or more efficient HVAC systems. It begins with planning before construction ever begins to make sure everything works well together as a system. It's having a tight envelope around the home, properly installed insulation, efficient windows, right-sized efficient HVAC system and so on. Manchester Elite Homes is proud of the fact that we've always built our homes above code requirements to ensure you get the most comfortable, cost-effective home you can buy.
Key Components of a Manchester ELITE Home
When building our energy-efficient houses, there are a number of crucial factors that we include with nearly every project. These features include:
- Tankless Hot Water Heaters -- On-demand hot water when you need it.
- High-Efficiency HVAC and Sealed Ducts - Helps improve indoor air quality and provides better temperature control.
- Argon-Filled Low-E Windows - Blocks most UV rays which can cause fading in your home!
- Net and Fill wall insulation - Fills in voids better than batt insulation.
- R-44 Attic Insulation -- Exceeds code requirements to keep your home better insulated.
- Frame and Attic Sealing -- Sealing cracks and voids on the exterior of your home helps to insulate it further. It keeps the "paid for" air in your home.
Indoor Air Quality Features
- Low VOC Paint - Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's) have been proven to be harmful to your health.
- Green Label Carpet, Pad and Floor Adhesives - Reduced VOC content over standard carpet.
- Externally Vented Kitchen and Bath Exhaust Fans - Takes generated pollutants out.
- Sealed Combustion Direct Vent Fireplace - Reduces chance of Carbon Monoxide emissions in your home.
- Zipwall Water Resistive Barrier - Reduces likelihood of water intrusion which can cause mold, deterioration, and costly repairs.
- Detailed Door and Window Flashing - Reduces air and water infiltration. Most builders aren't doing this!
- Concrete Wallboard in Tiled Wet Areas - Won't rot or grow mold.
- Smart Soffit in Eaves - 7/16" structural board VS 1/4" mahogany plywood.
These are only some of the high-performance features we build into our custom turnkey homes. Every home we build is a little bit different, and our team will customize the energy-efficient solutions we use to meet the specific needs of you and your family.
Contact us to learn more about our green homes and see why they are the right choice for a sustainable future. We proudly serve Oklahoma City, OK, and the surrounding areas.